About Me

My photo
Fairbanks, Ak, United States
Well, almost done with the Wheel of time series, only 2 more books to get caught up on and then I'll be waiting for the next one like everyone else.

I should say this

All characters depicted are © and ™ to their respective companies. Which include, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, and others.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sucker Punch.........left with questions......is that good or bad?

"Sucker Punch".........I've seen a couple of statements that this was Snyder's worst.  But I don't think so.  He leaves you with a lot of unanswered questions.  This movie is about delusions.  It's interesting how he takes you 2 levels into a girl's psyche.  Was this a shared delusion?? Were the girls psychically linked and went through the same thing to accomplish the goal?  Are there more of them out there who can do this?  Or, did anyone actually escape?  The ending scene was in color in a seemingly normal world, but the bus driver was the "spirit guide".
     My favorite 2nd level fantasy was the one with the Dragon.  Then the WW1, and then the battle with the three warlords in the courtyard.
      Now, reality was shades of gray, 1st level delusion was a normal seeming world but in color. The 2nd level delusion, color and in a sci-fi fantasy world.  I would have liked to see more of how it translated to the real (gray) world, but that may have been a bit graphic, given the nature of the "dance".  If you haven't saw it, go see it.  I won't give too much away here, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment